Birthdays have always been a big deal at our house. Breakfast in bed, enjoying a favorite dessert and time spent celebrating with family and friends!
This week's Fill In the Blank Friday with Lauren is all about birthdays!
1. The age I will be on my upcoming birthday is the big 5-0. Can't believe I actually admitted that.
2. The best birthday present ever would be someone to come into my house and declutter and organize every square inch, including my closet and clothing, replacing outdated things with fasionable replacements. Not to excess, mind you, simple yet adequate!!
3. My favorite birthday to date was this past year since I remember it the best. I had dinner with my family received flowers at work and went to lunch with a special friend!
4. Brithdays make me feel excited, special and loved!
5. The worst birthday I ever had was my 40th.
6. When I was born things were very different from our "norm" today. It's strange to me that I now remind myself of my Dad who used to frequently begin his sentenes with "Well, when I was a boy we didnt' have...". So in the tradition of our family...when I was a little girl we didn't have air conditioning, we had to get up from the couch to change the television channel (we only got 3 channels so it didn't make that much difference) our phone was attached to the wall, we only talked to our friends voice to voice and only for 1/2 hour because someone else might try to call, we ate dinner at home every evening as a family, we played outside ALOT, we didn't take pictures of ourselves in front of the mirror in the bathroom, our ice came from an ice tray that we filled up and emptied by hand. Technology is wonderful, but sometimes I miss "the good old days".
7. So far my favorite age has been 38. I remember that time in my life being very busy, but I had plenty of energy and seemed to be somewhat organized, at least that's how I remember it! But you know, when you're pushin' fifty all that energy and pep seem to dissipate. Thank goodness for caffeine.