My Cisa Name

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Healing a little more

Healing is a slow process...takes time.  The deeper the wound the more time it takes to get all the poison out.  Sometimes wounds have to be debrieded.  The doctor unbandages the wound exposing the infected area, cleans out all the infection and then puts in medicine, rebandages and hopes it will heal, a little more.  Sometimes the individual must go through pain as this process is occuring, and the patient most often in the case of a severe wound, will have to irrigate the wound daily, washing away infection and then apply more medicine to promote healing, rebandaging and then going to yet another appointment where the doctor examines the progress and gives more directions.

So it is with the great physician and our heart wounds.  They must be opened up, irrigated, scraped clean of the poison of lies or half-truths, then healing truth can be applied and the hurt is bandaged up again until the next appointed time our Father calls us to allow him to do His work.  This is such a seemingly unpleasant task but oh so necessary in order for us to be all He intends for us to be, to be a vessel clean and empty and whole for His use.

As I read Psalm 103 I was reminded in verse 3 "who heals all your diseases"...He desires to do so...will we let him do his "doctoring" on our wounded hearts??  So often I don't want to "go there" so to speak.  The truth of what lies hidden underneath the surface of what is seen is often painful to deal with and ugly and makes me just wanna keep it all covered up and not allow anyone to look there, not even God (like we can hide what's there from Him)!  And then to allow the Spirit to guide my mind into those hidden places and prod and scrape and uncover more and on and on it goes, this process orchestrated by the Great Physician. Without this process, my wounds will never be healed.  Prayerfully I keep in mind this truth...it is necessary business and I must make my appointment with the Great Physician and trust He works all things for my good!!

So blessed in reading Psalm 103 and memorizing those words so when it is time my mind will drift to the truth of how it is to be that I will be wholly free and complete in Him!

and Grace flows down...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...